Bring your excellent legal secretarial and administrative skills to the Ministry of the Attorney General, where challenging opportunities exist for knowledgeable, organized and experienced individuals to provide secretarial, administrative and research services to the Crown Law Office – Civil.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide secretarial services to multiple counsel including preparing and processing a wide range of legal documents
• schedule appointments, court appearances and meetings
• prepare original and routine correspondence
• maintain filing and log systems
• prepare expense claims
• make travel arrangements
How do I qualify?
• you are able to type 50 words per minute (wpm) (Note: You will be required to complete a typing test)
Legal Administrative Knowledge
• you have knowledge of legal formats, terminology, reference, and phraseology to accurately prepare complex legal documents from precedents or information provided by lawyers
• you have knowledge of legal office methods, rules of civil procedure, court administration practices and procedures and the ability to apply relevant federal and provincial statutes to provide specialized secretarial and administrative services to lawyers
Communication and Organizational Skills
• you have demonstrated oral and written communication skills to prepare correspondence and transcribe material
• you have excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines, follow-up on outstanding issues and ensure appropriate action is taken
• you are proficient with MS Office Suite to produce letters, memoranda, reports and legal documents
• you are proficient with computerized databases for case management to effectively track all legal documents and correspondence
Salary Range: $24.15 - $28.15 per hour
• 2 Permanent, 720 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
• 2 Temporary, duration up to 6 months, 720 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
• In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Friday, June 15, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 123987 in the job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.