Jobsinlaw.ca is Canada's leading legal career site for lawyers and other legal professionals.
Find an Employer
Jul 11, 2018
Attorney - Complex Commercial Litigation
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Areas of Practice:
Corporate-Commercial, General, In-house counsel, Intellectual Property, Litigation
Years of Practice:
Greater than 5 years
$250,000 - $300,000
A Saskatchewan company is seeking to hire an experienced Commercial Litigator that has the ability to work remotely. This position will primarily work on complex commercial litigation matters.
• Demonstrates exceptional knowledge and expertise in all phases of litigation and trial
• Work on current cases involving complex commercial litigations.
• Drafts substantive pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery, deposition and trial preparation and other legal documents.
• Demonstrates exceptional legal research and writing skills.
• Takes a leadership role in working collaboratively with attorneys and executives to achieve results and identify/resolve issues.
• Travels as required for court appearances, depositions and trial.
• Negotiates as authorized.
• Act as primary legal department contact for outside attorney communications on projects
• Reports to the CEO
• Flexibility to quickly respond to daily needs and juggle multiple assignments and tasks.
• Long hours as required
• Quickly absorb information to get up to speed (fully knowledgeable) on current litigation
• Minimum of 7 years experience in complex commercial litigation.
• Graduation from an accredited law school with an active license to practice law.
• Experience in federal court.
• Excellent deposition and preparation skills.
• Strong and persuasive oral and writing skills. Ability to clearly and effectively articulate position.
• Exceptional and articulate presentation skills.
• Appreciation for and commitment to delivery of the highest quality legal work.
• Sound decision-maker and problem solver Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrates a sense of urgency and responsiveness.
• Strategic thinker, sound decision-maker and problem solver.
• Ability to take direction and work independently.
© 2018 Thomson Reuters Canada Ltd.